Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stargirl/Catcher in the Rye reading

Spend 3rd period reading either of the books you have been assigned. You are being graded on your participation during this class time. Students off-task will recieve few or no points. Those that pursue the task will gain full points.

As you read, it is important for you to open your mind. If reading a book a second time, try to find details and enjoy the story, confident in the fact that you know the basic plot, conflicts, setting, themes, and characters. In a case like this, you can now spend your time examining the writing. Always ask yourself: "What is working here in this writing?"

At the end of the period, please respond to what you are reading. You may use one of these prompts or use one of your own:

1. I don't understand...
2. I noticed...
3. I wonder...
4. I was reminded of...
5. I think...
6. I'm surprised that...
7. I'd like to know...
8. I realized...
9. If I were...
10.The central issue(s) here is (are)...
11. One consequence of ________ could be...
12. If ______ then...
13. I'm not sure...
14. Although it seems...
15. One thing I can relate to is...

After writing in your journal, please log off and move to room A240.

No comments:

The Graveyard Book - Discussion Questions

  In your discussion groups, please answer 5 of the 10 discussion questions. Choose a member of your group to record your answers. Make sure...